Airport playgrounds and other amenities that make airports kid-friendly can make a big difference! During our travels, the very first and the last place we go through is the airport. A baby-friendly airport can ease some of the stress that comes with flying with kids. Therefore, we asked our Club members to vote for the most baby-friendly airports. A lot of them mentioned unique airport playgrounds they have been to. In this post, we will share information and tips about the most kid-friendly airports.
And here are the results:
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands
- Ministro Pistarini International Airport (aka Ezeiza International Airport) in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport (aka Madrid–Barajas Airport) in Spain
- Frankfurt Airport in Germany.
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands
It is one of the busiest airports in the world. It offers multiple themed airport playgrounds and great family-friendly airport amenities. Here are several family-friendly things mentioned by our club members.
- Babycare lounge
There are quiet areas with cribs for your baby to sleep in and take naps and sofa and chairs for parents to relax. They have lactation areas for you to bathe and feed your babies and have changing tables in various spaces (not only in the babycare lounge but also around the airport) for you to change your baby’s diapers.
The Baby Care Lounge is on Holland Boulevard, between Departure Lounges 2 and 3. Note: Lounge 2 and 3 are only accessible for intercontinental passengers. Use of the Baby Care Lounge is free of charge. For more information, please check their official website.
- Multiple airport playgrounds
- The Panorama Terrace is a hit with kids who like to see planes with a prime view of airport runways. The location and operation hours are here.
- They also have several kids playgrounds, Hello Miffy, NEMO, etc.
- Strollers are available to borrow in the airport
Ministro Pistarini International Airport (aka Ezeiza International Airport) in Argentina
Our club member, Deepa, mentioned this airport for its family friendliness.
- Airport Playground (with a new lactation room next to the airport playground)
- Family bathrooms with changing tables
- Priority lanes for families at check-in, security and immigration.
- Strollers to borrow, available right after passport control
The airport gives priority to families at check-in, security checks, and boarding. At immigration, there is a separate fast line for families, pregnant people, and people with handicaps.
Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport (aka Madrid–Barajas Airport) in Spain
Marianne, the CEO of Bébé Voyage, recently flew through this airport and was blown away. She said there are kids playground around the airport and the free trolleys in the terminal are convenient for families with babies and lots of carry on items!
- Strollers are available to borrow
Additionally, trolleys equipped with baby seats (under 6 months) are also available in the terminals and boarding area to help you move around with all the baby gear and carry-ons. The service is free of charge.
- Family-friendly security check-in and boarding
They have family lines at security and boarding. And it is easy for you to take through liquids for babies at security.
- Multiple airport playgrounds (at least 6!)
They have family bathrooms with changing tables, breastfeeding areas, kids toilets and microwaves. Those facilities provide convenience for you to take care of babies.
For more information, please check their official website
Frankfurt Airport in Germany
It is the fourth busiest airport in Europe. Their various themed airport playgrounds impressed our club member, Susanna.
- Priority for families at every checkpoint
- Baby rooms
They have many baby rooms around the airport. There are some cool sanitary facilities, not only changing tables but also dispensers for baby wipes, paper dispenser for diaper-changing tables, and two toilets and washbasins designed for both adults and children.
- Spots for kids
There are several places in the terminals for kids to see the planes or other action on the airfield.
Pro tip: You can also ask for coloring and puzzle books at the information desk for kids to pass time.
- In terms of food, many restaurants offer children’s meals. The most impressive thing is that the airport offers several themed playgrounds for kids, such as ocean, helicopters, pirates airport playground.
For more location and information, please check their official website.
If we have missed the airport you liked the most, let us know! You can share more information and tips on those airports with us and our club members. Join our Bebe Voyage community!
You might also be interested in these other articles from Bébé Voyage:
10 Travel Toys for Babies to Make Your Flight Relaxed and Pleasant